30 Sep Business to HR alignment
Transferring some approaches over from Business-IT Alignment to Business-HR Alignment:
Business HR Alignment Definition #1:
Business-HR Alignment is the capacity in which your Organization (Employees, Reporting Structures, Communication, Collaboration, …) has a positive relationship to financial measurements or business outcomes.
Business HR Alignment Definition #2:
The Business-HR alignment integrates the organizational development to the strategy, mission, and goals of the organization.
So to align your business and your HR you should:
- View your employees as a critical success factor
- Have a strategy, mission and goals (syncs to “All successful companies start with WHY“)
- Manage, measure, improve the Strategy 2 Execution (Strategy is often lost in translation)
- Measure communication
- Measure collaboration
- Experiment and improve based on numbers
- Empower employees and foster communication
- Know your current capabilities and your desired ones
- Lead change by example
- Create a company culture that is build on sharing and continuos improvements
- … what else do you suggest?
Interestingly there are lots of Business-IT Alignment Frameworks, Tools, Consulting Services out there.
What is your favorite part for Business-HR Alignment? Is it necessary? Is it already well covered by traditional HR? Or do we need to change our knowledge because organizations need to adapt quicker and in a broader way than before?