15 Feb smartEA 3.5 released
Improved Planning and Analysis Capabilities
Make better and more informed decisions using smartEA visualizations and reports. This release improves the Masterplan diagram by adding a setting to remove empty time spans. The Nesting Cluster diagrams now allow attribute based labeling and improved font size. Certificate to support Visio macros is in place and there are a number of fixes, including association queries in Spreadsheet and Graphical Reports.
These smartEA 3.5 Release Notes provide a change log for smartEA (powered by iteraplan).
- Improved planning analysis in Masterplan diagram (Added setting to not show empty time spans)
- Improved Icon usage (Icons meta model, visualizations and user guide)
- Filter related elements on detail view (e.g. Interfaces of an Application can be filtered by the values of an Attribute Type, specified in the application properties.)
- Attribute-based labeling introduced in the Nesting Cluster Diagram
- Improved Nesting Cluster Diagram font size
- Certificate to support Visio macros
- Fixed JSON Metamodel REST API
- Fixed No Association queries in Spreadsheet and Graphical Reports
- Added support for Java 8
- Updated all underlying libraries for latest support
- Dropped support for JPEG export format – focus on PNG and SVG
- Added support for smartScheduler – our integration and scheduling component
The full list of changes is also in our Release Notes.
How and When Do Features Become Available?
Some features affect all users immediately after the release goes live. If you are a SaaS customer your instance is immediately updated and if you are an On Premise customer direct action is required by the smartEA administrator before you can benefit from the new functionality and fixes.
We highly recommend to update to this modular release, providing many enhancements/add-ons over the earlier SMART EA 3.4 or any iteraplan release. You may want to communicate these changes to your users beforehand so they are prepared and can take advantage of the changes.
You want to know how SMART EA can help you enhance your Enterprise Architecture Program?Get a Free Trial now!